Monday, September 6, 2010

My Favourite short story from our Unit.

In this short story unit we have read 3 stories: 1st is "The Sniper" by Liam O'Flaherty, then "Lamb to the Slaughter" by Roald Dahl, and finally "Thank You, Ma'am" by Langston Hughes. My favorite story out of the three would be "The Sniper", because I enjoy reading about wars and fast paced action stories, and "The Sniper" was best to my liking. Also, in this story the conflict was very tense, as there were many enemies to one sniper. Then, at the ending, the unexpected happen when the sniper had killed his own brother. I really like the way how the story ended quite sadly; it was very unique because most stories have a happy ending.

2 comments:

  1. Good response. I never knew you liked wars. Which ones have you read? And actually, there's only one enemy which is the brother. The woman wasn't really an enemy because she was just showing where the sniper was. And I guess you would call the turret man an enemy because he was about to shoot him, but to me he's not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I like to read about wars too. Also, my favorite story was "The Sniper".

    ReplyDelete